Science is Essential to Cosmetic Product Development and Safety
Cosmetic and personal care products companies take the science of safety very seriously. The cosmetic and personal care products business is driven by positive consumer experience, and safety is vital to that positive experience.
The development of a new cosmetic or personal care product involves numerous scientific disciplines and multiple areas of expertise, including chemistry and biochemistry, microbiology, molecular modeling, engineering, formulation science, packaging science, and quality assurance. Extensive testing to ensure cosmetic product safety and quality is conducted throughout the product development cycle. The process of determining the safety of a cosmetic or personal care product is complex and multi-tiered and requires constant and ongoing assessment of the latest toxicological and medical literature and safety evaluation techniques.
The careful selection of safe and well-researched ingredients is a primary consideration in ensuring the safety of finished cosmetic and personal care products. The first step in the evaluation of the safety of a finished product is to review the complete safety information on all of the ingredients it contains.
- Factors Considered in Safety Evaluation
- Reviews of Latest, Up-To-Date Safety Research
- Determinations of Possible Ingredient Toxicology
- Evaluation & Testing Of Human Health Impacts
- Cumulative Exposure to the Human Body
- Testing & Evaluation Performed By Scientists Trained in Product Safety
- Safety Monitoring Once Product Is On Market
- The Scientists Behind Product Safety